In the 1NTENSITY™ Workout Plan by Body Shepherd, I guide you through a time-efficient process of building strength.
Each session works your whole body through maximum effort. You will only do ONE set per exercise, and then move on to the next exercise.
But for each single set, you will do as many reps as you possibly can. This is why I call this program 1NTENSITY!
Two things make 1NTENSITY distinct:
- Slow Tempo
- Reps To Muscle Failure
- In the workout sheets of this program is a column labeled Tempo.
- Tempo refers to movement/hold/movement.
- Example: Curl a dumbbell up, hold the contraction, then descend the dumbbell to the starting position.
- Tempos are written in seconds: 5/2/5 or 10/1/10 for movement/hold/movement.
- 1NTENSITY is all about slow tempos because we want to efficiently stimulate as much muscle fiber as possible. The best way to do this is with slow, controlled tempos.
Reps To Muscle Failure
- Each set will be performed with the “As Many Reps As Possible,” or AMRAP approach. You will slowly perform an exercise until your muscle fails — until you cannot do it even more more time.
- This will vary from person to person, and is why this is 1NTENSITY.
- Years of research shows that this method of slow tempos of exercises performed to muscle failure, for only a single set, results in increased strength.
The benefit to you: Workouts will be short, since we are only performing one set per exercise! Some trainers who use this approach can get their workout done in less than 30 minutes; some less than 20!
I won’t candy coat it: this is hard work. But while you may hate me during the workout, you’ll love me for the results.
Strength kicks-off everything:
- Strength comes from new muscle, and new muscle needs calories to fuel itself. Your body will become a calorie burning machine while you are NOT training to keep that new muscle. How’s that for a good bargain?!
- New strength will naturally make you want to be more active because you can physically DO more activities. The more active you are, the more body fat you can lose.
- Just ask your doctor if s/he thinks adding and maintaining strength is important (I’ll wait). See??? There are SO MANY health problems that could be avoided as we age if we just kept our strength.
So 1NTENSITY™ is not just for your weight loss journey, but also for your entire life.
New muscle you create through the 1NTENSITY™ plan will tap into stored body fat as everyday fuel, and when you combine it with the guidance in the FREE Body Shepherd General Nutrition Guide, you will lose body fat.
Consider adding on a weekly coaching call for all 6 weeks, or having me customize this plan for your particular body.
Or better yet, add on Full Guidance and we will have a weekly coaching call, text messages, customizations, and if you use an Apple Watch, access to shared Activity for accountability on another level!